Chronic knee pain is often caused by degeneration of the joint. This is a common complaint in the elderly and represents a considerable source of disability.
Factors that can influence knee pain:
- Leg length inequality
- Abnormal position of the patella
- Muscle imbalances [ tight flexors, including, hamstrings, ITB, gastrocnemius and weak extensors]
- Altered gait, such as walking with toes out
- Femoral anteversion
- Unstable ankles
- Rigid foot, flat foot
- Recent change in exercise
- Soft tissue adhesions, especially in the joint capsule
When you come to our physiotherapy clinic in Cambridge for treatment first we take a full history. On visiting on physiotherapy practice kin Cambridge for the first time we believe that we need the whole story to get the treatment right for you. This is followed by practical, hands on examination; from this we will discuss our findings, insights and a bespoke treatment plan will be devised and shared with you.
We can never give a figure for how many treatments will be needed as we are constantly assess you – the patient. Generally we feel the patient should notice an improvement after 3 treatments